Six Months Ago I officially became a long distance work commuter … NJ > NYC. For those who live on the Northern East side know who dreadful that is.
- From home I drive to the PATH TRAIN STATION 45 MIN (on a good day).
- Park my car & walk. 5 MIN
- Take the train & transfer twice. 40 MIN
- Arrive to NYC, grab breakfast & Coffee, get to the office 10 MIN
Total Time: About 2 hours.
DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I CAN WALK IN 5 INCH HEELS DURING ALL THAT AND STILL HAVE NOT MADE IT TO WORK? ONLY IF I WAS KENDALL JENNER… MAYBE.
Yes, I know what your thinking, bring them along in your bag. Sure thing, but I have 2 problems with that.
- I hate to carry anything else other than my handbag, sometimes even that I hate to carry around.
- I refuse to ruin my perfectly thought out outfit with a pair of kicks. I ‘d like to throw on one pair of shoes and ONE PAIR ONLY.
However, I do have a solution to my footwear problem; LOSE A FEW INCHES OF HEEL
I have to say I was never ever a low heel kind of gal, my heel standards were always high. “The Higher Heel, The Closer To God”.Ever since my recent struggle, I have come to actually appreciate them. My hunt for the perfect pair of low heeled shoes have become easier and somewhat obsessive in a way. With that said, here are a few tips on picking the right pair of shoes for that awful daily commute. I promise, this will save your life and a few blisters along the way. hehehehe
THREE INCHES, AND NOTHING MORE (SOUNDS LIKE A VIRG…NVM)
Footnote 1: lulus.com
- I CONSIDER THIS THE PERFECT HEIGHT FOR A COMMON HEEL. IDEAL ON STRAPPY SANDALS, PLATFORMS, OR WEDGED SNEAKER.
CHICKS & KICKS
Footnote: Zara …. AND on sale
- BESIDES THE TYPICAL RUNNING SNEAKERS, THERE ARE A LOT OF STYLISH SNEAKERS ON TREND THAT CAN EASILY BE WORN WITH A CHIC LOOK.
- LIKE I MENTIONED BEFORE, A WEDGED SNEAKER FOR THE CASUAL URBAN CHIC DAYS. A PAIR OF CLASSIC ADDIDAS THAT PRACTICALLY GO WITH ANYTHING. ALSO, A HIGH MAINTENANCE RUNNING SNEAKER FOR THOSE COMFY ‘I DONT FEEL LIKE LOOKING CUTE’ DAYS.
Footnote 2:Vizzano (Similar)
Footnote 3: Lulus.com
- A LOW SINGLE SOLE CHUNKY HEEL CAN EASILY BE COMPARED WITH SIMILARITY TO A HIGH HEELED SINGLE SOLE. SAME CONCEPT, DIFFERENT HEEL. YOU CAN DRESS IT WITH THE SAME OUTFIT AND IT WILL STAND OUT JUST AS MUCH. ONLY DIFFERENCE, YOU ARE SUPER DUPER COMFORTABLE
- CHUNKY HEELED BOOTIES; YOU CAN WEAR ALL SEASON LONG AND DRESS THEM UP OR DOWN.Footnote 4: Trouve (my oldest and favorite) Footnote 5: Steve Madden
- THE BEST PART OF A CHUNKY HEEL IS THE SUPPORT IT PROVIDES TO THE BALL OF YOUR FOOT. EASIER TO WALK IN FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME.
Footnote 6: H&M (similar) Footnote 7: H&M
Footnote 8: Forever21
- WIN! WIN! WIN! DUHHHH
- FLATS ARE CHIC, COMFORTABLE, AND CAN ADAPT WITH ANY LOOK. TRY A CHIC BALLET, SLING BACK, BOOTIES, OR STRAPPY POINTY FLATS.Footnote 8: Michael Kors
- FLAT SANDALS ARE GREAT FOR THOSE HOT LONG SUMMER DAYS AT WORK. STRAPPY, FLIP FLOPS, OR EVEN A PAIR OF GLADIATORS IF YOU WANT TO GO FOR A BOLD LOOK.
Footnote 9: Forever21
TREND ALERT: STRAPPY EVERYTHING
Geraldine 😆 👠👡👢👞👟